Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Yup. That Definitely Looks Like Fall Out There!

I woke up this morning and Chad had left the window wide open in the bedroom when he left for work. It was FREEZING in our bedroom! All I could hear was wind, birds, and what sounded like rain. I jumped up to close the window. Not just because I was freezing, but because anyone who knows me well will tell you I am NOT a fan of the birds in the morning. They drive me nuts! So, as I reached to slide the window down, I noticed that I could see the entire pond and the houses across the pond. Just 2 days ago, we could not see those houses and only half of the pond was visible through our small woods behind our house. The wind was gusting and blowing the leaves off the trees in a down pour. Almost like they were all suddenly weighted down like bricks. 


Chad came home early today. So, after dinner the boys went outside to wrestle around in the yard. It was very windy. I had gone to Target earlier in the day and bought little plastic, white ghosts that you stuff with newspaper and cinch off below the imprinted face of a surprised ghost. They are meant to decorate one tree. But, I like to spread them out on the house and the tree. I had also purchased some fake spider webs, which I am thinking I may have been premature putting those outside. I am guessing if it rains even once, they will be on the ground in big, white lumps of cotton. I looked around and then noticed the once, big and lush, green trees that surrounded our neighborhood were all dead-looking. Not a green leaf in sight....anywhere. It definitely looked like the first official day of Fall today.

**I will have to get some pictures of my decorations posted tomorrow. I love decorating for holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment